Life's advice from a girl who's living, dreaming, and struggling through it all.
Sometimes, the little things in life are the ones you should be cherishing. After all, the greatest gifts come in small packages, right? Take a step back from this busy world and watch the place and people around you. Put your priorities straight - know what and who you want in your life, because the things worth the most to you will stay by your side. Originally, I was worried about a friend who was having a hard time. Everything had crashed down, and even keeping hope was nearly impossible. After a few posts, I began to realize how much I wanted to touch more people with my words, and to show how much there is to this world. So here it is...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

precious .

http://bricabeaucoup.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qth3d

"I grew up knowing I was different, and I hated it. I was born with a cleft palate, and when I started school, my classmates who were constantly teasing, made it clear to me how I must've looked to others: a little girl with a misshapen lip, crooked nose, lopsided teeth, and a hollow and somewhat garbled speech. When schoolmates asked, "What happened to your face?" I'd tell them I'd fallen and cut it on a piece of glass. Somehow, it seemed more acceptable to have suffered an accident than to have been born different. By the age of seven I was convinced that no one outside my own family could ever love me...or even like me. Then I entered the second grade. Mrs. Leonard was pretty and fragrant with warm dark eyes that smiled even when her mouth didn't. Everyone adored her, but no one came to love her more than I did, and for a special reason...It was time for our annual "hearing tests" given at school. I could barely hear out of one ear and was not about to reveal yet another problem that would single me out as different. And so I cheated. I had learned to watch other children and raised my hand when they did. The "whisper test" was different though. Each child would go to the classroom alone, close one ear with a finger, and the teacher would whisper something which the child would repeat. I merely pretended to block mine. As usual I was last, but all through testing, I wondered what she might say to me. I knew from previous years that she whispered things like "The sky is blue". Finally, my turn came up. I turned my bad ear, plugging up the other. I waited...words that God had surely put into her mouth, seven words that changed my life forever; Mrs. Leonard, the pretty teacher I adored, said softly, "I wish you were my little girl."
"

5 comments:

  1. If this helps even a little bit, I'll say it and it's not a lie. If this is truly you Kelley, I have never seen another girl so special as you. Someone who despite all her pain and suffering can inspire others daily. If I knew you better and more personal, haha :P. I'd have fallen for you by now :D I hope I made you feel better P.S. Nothing I typed was a lie, you better believe it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, no. this isn't my story (i heard it at church) though i know this little girl is a gift ; u ; i have a great life, and i know i should be thankful for everything i have, because i'm very very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know :D Nice church btw
    I just realized I could comment with my gmail xD haha, I'm the guy that "looks forward to the rainbow after the raincloud" I really like your blog so I hope you won't feel like your being stalked because I may comment a lot sometimes xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, not at all. hahah (:
    aww, i love reading comments. sometimes it feels like i'm just typing to myself. haha
    if i may ask, how'd you find my blog? just curious as to how common it is for people just to stumble upon it ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I suppose I'll go comment on ur new "comment page" xD

    ReplyDelete