Life's advice from a girl who's living, dreaming, and struggling through it all.
Sometimes, the little things in life are the ones you should be cherishing. After all, the greatest gifts come in small packages, right? Take a step back from this busy world and watch the place and people around you. Put your priorities straight - know what and who you want in your life, because the things worth the most to you will stay by your side. Originally, I was worried about a friend who was having a hard time. Everything had crashed down, and even keeping hope was nearly impossible. After a few posts, I began to realize how much I wanted to touch more people with my words, and to show how much there is to this world. So here it is...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

1OOO things i want to say .


http://picturs-of-me.deviantart.com/art/TickTock-160360237

time is ticking
t-time is ticking, ticking

time is ticking
t-time is ticking away…


I treasure the little talks I have with my dad in the morning. The short 1O minutes it takes to drive me to school before going to work seem like the only time we have a real father-daughter talk. And although it seems like too brief of an amount of time as I get off the car with millions of more things to say, it's only during that time that seems right to say it. I remember watching an old man walk his dog every day as we took the same route to school. Before I noticed, the "old man and his old dog" stopped walking along that familiar road. It made me wonder...maybe one of them grew too weak to go out for a walk, but at least neither is alone - they have each other. Now, I've realized how I'd gotten so caught up with my busy life that I'd stopped noticing the simple pleasures of life. Every morning, I rushed out after eating a quick breakfast, worrying about being late, that I didn't even notice as the autumn trees grew from green to orange. And now I've learned. Set your priorities straight and keep the things you cherish close to you, because there's always time for more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment